WEB SECURITY IS NO LONGER OPTIONAL – IT’S A NECESSITY!
Web security is no longer an option – It’s a necessity. For several years now, the Internet has moved toward a heightened security. There has been a strong advocacy for sites to adopt HTTPS encryption. Over the past year, more and more users have been taught the importance of HTTP sites and made more aware of sites that lack proper security.
There has been an ongoing push from Google to gradually mark a larger subset of HTTP pages as “Not secure”. In July of 2018, Google began marking all HTTP sites as “not secure” with the release of Chrome 68.
Progress has been incredible. According to Google…
- 81 of the top 100 sites on the web use HTTPS by default
In fact, Chrome’s new interface will help users understand that all HTTP sites are not secure, and continue to move the web towards a secure HTTPS web by default. HTTPS is easier and cheaper than ever before, and it unlocks both performance improvements and powerful new features that are too sensitive for HTTP.
SSL – WHAT IS IT?
SSL is an acronym for Secure Socket Layers. It is a sublevel of HTTPS which is a secured form of Hyper Text Transfer Protocol. Basically, it’s what keeps the bogeyman from peeking through your window when he’s online.
SSL employs a public key infrastructure that utilizes the RSA method of encryption & authentication by way of security certificates. That’s like having a receptionist on duty to verify the three digit code on the back of your credit card before taking your order over the phone.
SSL is ideal for protecting sensitive information, such as customer names, addresses, birthdates, phone numbers and credit card information.
The Benefits of SSL Certificates in Data Exchange
SSL is value to both customers and businesses that are concerned with the level of security found in cloud-based transactions. Here a few immediate benefits you can expect.
- Block Hacker Attacks
- You can never be to cautious, especially when it comes to phishing sites. Phishing sites are an almost perfect replica of the original site that has been targeted. Hackers use many techniques to lure unsuspecting victims into providing sensitive information. However, SSL is able to detect what the human eye might overlook to ensure that fake sites are not able to go undetected.
- It’s not possible for phishing sites to acquire a valid SSL certificate. When customers are alerted to the absence of an SSL certificate, they generally avoid falling prey to the attack. In addition, SSL certificates help protect targeted websites from eavesdropping, sniffing attacks and man-in-the-middle attacks.
- Boost Page Rank & Increase Brand Value
- Google has updated its algorithm to include HTTPS as a rank qualifier. All websites that are secured with SSL to provide a certificate and an URL with HTTPS protocol have a page rank advantage in search engines.
- A site that has visible SSL will see a dramatic improvement in the perception of its brand and conversion by visitors. The confidence of your visitors is assured by the validity of the certificate, which adds a heightened level of trust in the site. Visitors will have an increase comfort and willingness to provide sensitive information.
Extended Authentication Builds Trust
- Customers are far more aware of the security concerns of modern times. As a result, a lot of sensitive information such as account passwords and personal details are commonly exchanged in a cloud platform. A secure method of authentication is required to ensure the protection of sensitive data.
- HTTPS is a clear indicator of website security. There has never been a better time to add SSL to your site.
UsForyou Australia has teamed up with Urban Digital Co and can get that sorted for your business website. Check out this exciting offer by clicking here.